Monday, March 31, 2008

THING#7 Web 2.0 Communication Tools

Our library uses e-mail through the circulation system, Millenium. Patrons can choose to be notified of holds, overdues, etc. through e-mail instead of regular mail. This is a nice option for those who use e-mail. We also use e-mail to deliver messages or information to fellow staff members. It is a fast, convenient method.
I have tried text messaging, but I am not a user of instant messaging. I attempted to use my son's MSN account.(Son is away at college) It said I need to install an update which I tried and failed. I then tried to install it independent of his account which seems to have clogged up my computer as it has not installed and
my computer refuses to go places quickly as a result. I will finish this blog and then try again to install MSN. I do not think I will be a regular user, but I want to say I tried it.
I was unable to join a web conference as the ones I checked were not in session at this time. There are some coming up that I may be able to join. I think these will be very good learning opportunities.

No comments: