Thursday, February 12, 2009

THING #28: Customized Home Pages

Customizing a home page was fun to do. I did not make it my home page because I am using the computer at work, but will try and do that at home. I chose NetVibes to create the home page. It was extremely easy and fun. I named it lutefisk23 which is the name of my blog and it automatically added my blog. I also added weather, a calendar, google news, facebook, flickr photos, and twitter. Facebook, Flickr and Twitter wanted me to access my accounts, which I haven't done yet, but can see how it would make it easy if you were already logged in to these accounts.
It seemed to be slow to load and change categories. It might have been because I had too many selected. I also customized the settings and added a books theme.
All in all, it was easy and convenient. You would be able to access all your accounts from one page.

No comments: