Thursday, February 19, 2009

THING 29: Google Tools

Google Tools were fun to try. I explored Google News, including the archives.
I researched Carnegie Libraries and got to read some of the news articles from the time when Carnegie was donating his millions to libraries. I set up a Google Alert on autism because I have a family member with autism and I'm interested in the latest ideas. I also worked on a personalized news page, rearranging the categories that were of interest to me.
Goog 411 sounds like a great productivity tool. I will try it next time I need a phone number. I watched the video on Google sites. I can see where this would be a great way to have several people sharing information. Perhaps a teen book club site?

1 comment:

SAMMIE said...

Lynette,

You are moving right along learning new Things. I like reading your blog. You work easily with the technology, but also seem to understand what will really be useful & what won't.

Robin
SAMMIE