Monday, June 9, 2014

Thing 11: Library and Reference

Our library doesn't have a mobile app but I did try out Hennepin County's mobile app. It was very easy to use and informative. I looked at some of the events they have coming up. It's always fun to see what other libraries are doing in order to get ideas. It would be easy to use to check your library account and to order materials. I also examined the elm website as I hadn't used it for a while. I added the app to my Ipad. I took a workshop on Elm a few years ago, but don't find that I use it a lot in my work. I have a friend who is a school librarian and she talked about how great it is for her students that are doing research. She feels it is a great resource for high school and college research and that it is very important for her students to learn its capabilities.

No comments: