Friday, April 11, 2008

THING #17: ELM Productivity Tools

Information available through ELM seems to be very extensive. I did some searches and tried some of the activities listed. I tried to create a search alert in
InfoTrac Student Edition. I was not able to set up an RSS feed to Google Reader.
I tried many times and it always said, Oops, try again in a little while! While reading comments on this tool, I discovered I wasn't alone in this problem. I also was unable to view the videos either at work or at home. I also tried to set up a web page in EBSCO. I was able to save articles to my folder, but wasn't quite sure how to import them to my web page. After all my efforts, I think I need to take a course specifically on ELM in order to feel comfortable suggesting it to our patrons.
I have used it in the past just to search for information and I feel it could be a very valuable tool for many people.

No comments: