Sunday, April 6, 2008

THINGS #13: Online Productivity Tools

I chose igoogle for my home page. I like the features it had. It will probably not stay as my permanent home page at home as my husband has the Wall Street Journal as the home page. We will see who wins out! I added the countdown feature to my blog, but couldn't get it to countdown! I noticed from comments that others had this problem also. I did it twice and had the problem both times. Any suggestions?
I also added a calendar from Spongecell to my blog. I can see where that would be a nice website for keeping others up to speed on things happening or coming up.
I tried Remember the Milk and added something to remember. Apparently, you can send this to your e-mail to remind you or check the site itself. I wasn't too impressed.
I think that many of these online productivity tools could be useful if you spend all your time on the computer! I don't think a lot of them will be applicable for me at this time. I did take the Backpack Tour and checked out many of the other sites. I think if you stuck to one site that you found helpful, you would become very familiar with it and it could be useful. I don't enjoy registering at all these sites in order to try them out. Maybe, I am just getting overwhelmed with all that is out there. I'm sure we will all pick and choose the sites that apply to our jobs and lives.

No comments: