Friday, April 4, 2008

THINGS #12: Do You Digg

I registered on the news media site, Newsvine. I chose an article from the New York Times on the neglect of newborns. It was easy to post the article on Newsvine by copying and pasting the URL. You also could add tags and summarize the article.
I then searched the subject to see where my post went. My article was in a list of sites about newborn neglect and it had my name as part of the address! Way cool!
I can see uses for this tool in the library and at home. If you are sharing information with someone on a certain topic, you could recommend articles for them to read this way. You can add them as a friend so they can view your site. Students doing a research paper together would find it helpful.
I feel these sites could either enhance productivity or detract from it. It is
easy to get sidetracked with all the articles listed. Oh, this sounds interesting and pretty soon you're reading it. If you stuck to your original subject, you probably could enhance your productivity by only reading those articles that are applicable.

No comments: