Tuesday, May 5, 2009

THING 31: More Twitter

I have been discovering more about twitter. I started out by trying to find more people to follow. Oberstar was the only Congressman listed for Minnesota to follow. The White House link wouldn't work. Barack Obama is no longer twittering since his election.(Too busy?) Oprah is at the top for the number of people who follow her. I am following some of my fellow librarians who are doing 23 things.
I had to give one of them a hard time for telling me she was hiccupping one day.
I tried out many of the fun things including twitstamp, twopulr and twitterfall.
Twitterfall is a great way to keep on top of current interests of the day.
I added my name to the Tweeter Directory under Education - Librarians. What a great way to be in touch with librarians around the world!
In the stages of Twitter I am between 2 and 3. I have a presence on Twitter and am starting to use it more. You definitely hear more and more about twittering on all the news broadcasts. I think Twitter is an easel for your thoughts, but I'm not sure how many people are really interested in my thoughts!

No comments: