Tuesday, May 19, 2009

THING 44: The Economy

This "Thing" is very timely. I explored many of the sites including Feed the Pig(humorous), fuel economy.gov (my car is not very fuel efficient!), erideshare.com (no rides available in our rural area), and Frugal Dad (No. 56 says to rediscover a local library!).
I decided to dig a little deeper into Craigslist and Minnesota Gardening. Craigslist seems to be my son's favorite site. He lives in Minneapolis and uses it all the time. He has bought and sold many items on this site, including a great leather sofa that he just purchased. He has also rented out his duplex by posting it on this site. In exploring Craigslist, it became evident that you need to explore metro areas to find anything. I explored the St. Cloud area and found many items for sale. I didn't explore the relationship area of Craigslist. The news seems to highlight any crimes connected to Craigslist and there have been some shocking ones!
I enjoyed the Minnesota gardening site and signed up on the garden web - Twitter.
It's nice to explore a gardening site that is specifically for Minnesota. Now I know more about the grubs that are killing our lawn! I also looked into perennials which I keep saying I need more of so I don't buy so many annuals every year.

1 comment:

SAMMIE said...

Lynette,

You are almost there! The new deadline to complete More Things on a Stick is June 20, 2009.

Robin
SAMMIE