Wednesday, May 6, 2009

THING 33: Travel 2.0

Travel 2.0 was really interesting to me. I looked at many of the sites listed including Cranky Flier, Trip Advisor, Vcarious, Green Routes, Boo.com and Mapness.
I think Trip Advisor was my favorite. They have something called Trip Watch where you can sign up for a free weekly newsletter with up-to-the-minute reviews and deals for your favorite destinations. I signed up for Port Elizabeth, South Africa. My son will be studying abroad there next year and hopefully these newsletters will help me to become familiar with his destination. I will also send the newsletters on to him. This sounds like a great way to scope out a place you are planning to travel to. Anticipation is often one of the best parts of a trip!
Most of these sites would be useful to our library patrons. I like the reviews posted by travellers to give you a heads up on what to expect at a certain hotel or resort. Travel information is a very important use of the internet for most people.

No comments: