Thursday, May 14, 2009

THING 43: Online TV and Video

Online TV and Video was another very fun thing to explore. I was already familiar with Hulu so had done some viewing on it before. I did try Joost also, but think I prefer Hulu. I watched several things - a trailer for the new movie, Taken; Paula's Home Cooking show (only clips available, not the whole show)and some episodes on the Home and Garden channel. I created a log-in on Hulu and set up a queue of items for viewing at a later date. The queue was for TV shows and I tried to add a movie in the queue but couldn't figure out how to do that. I recommended a movie through the link to Facebook (Romancing the Stone).
These were fun sites to explore, but I don't think it will change my viewing habits much. There aren't many shows on TV that I follow on a weekly basis. I much prefer to READ in my free time. The TV is usually on but my husband controls the remote!
As far as watching movies, I don't like to watch them on the computer screen. I like going to movies at the theater or checking them out from my library! I know the younger generation is used to doing everything online and I watch my sons watching shows online. This could cause an economic problem for broadcast and cable TV. Everyone is looking for ways to do things for free!

No comments: